World's End Watch Training
Coordinating Public Lands Defense and Advocacy
in the Keystone Bioregion
Please Join Us for
Public Lands Watch Training
at Worlds End State Park
August 9 to 11 2013
Fill your Activist-Advocacy-Democracy Tool Kit during a weekend with Grassroots Allies.
Leaders, strategists, organizers, and volunteers from
Sierra Club, Allegheny Defense Project, Community Environmental Legal Defense Fund, Responsible Drilling Alliance, The PA Forest Coalition, Adirondack Mountain Club, Heartwood, Save Our Streams PA, and many more
will gather at World's End State Park to explain strategies and tactics for protecting public land and the communities we love.
Dan Chu, Director for Sierra Club's Our Wild America Campaign will speak on Saturday Evening August 10th.
Presentation Topics during the weekend will include:
- What is Forest Watch?
- Case Studies from Pennsylvania: Allegheny National Forest, Loyalsock State Forest, and Rider Park
- Community Rights and the Rights of Nature
- Citizen Suits
- State Regulation
- State Public Land Planning Process
- Forests, Climate, and Carbon Campaign
- NY State Public Lands and the NY Moratorium
- Workshops, Discussions, Displays, Films
- Strategy and Networking
- Orphaned, Abanodoned, and Inactive Wells
- Environmental Intelligence
- Filing a FOIA or Right To Know Request
- Conducting File Reviews
- Triple Divide
- Water Monitoring and Testing
Presentations and Workshops will be scheduled for evenings and mornings leaving the afternoons for guided hikes into Loyalsock, free time to swim at the World's End Beach, relaxing, or interacting with other participants and displays in our Event Pavilion. We have reserved Group Camp Area #3 at Worlds End which is rustic with no showers (beach is available however) and pit toilets. The modern campground at the park has showers and flush toilets. You must reserve your own camping space if you do not want to use the group camp area.
For More Information or to RSVP Contact
Cathy Pedler 814-520-4639, email@example.com
Gary Thornbloom 814-353-3466, firstname.lastname@example.org